Welcome to the diablo multisport connection (dmc) Team Membership page. This page is intended to help women who are interested in joining the dmc team. This page provides information about:
- Membership Considerations
- dmc Team is currently accepting APPLICATIONS FOR 2017 MID-YEAR ENROLLMENT beginning March 15 – 31.
- Contact Information
dmc is an exciting group of women who share an interest in multiple sports and giving back to our community. We welcome women who share our goals and commitments. dmc is committed to maintaining a team that preserves our core values. We open the team up to new membership in September, for the coming year and will periodically open again in the spring for mid year enrollment.
Membership will be considered based on the following criteria:
- A membership application, with payment, is submitted to the dmc Team Membership Committee between the dates of March 15-31, 2017.
- A race or event history in one or more of our primary sports: bike, run, swim.
- A recommendation from an existing team member (preferred).
- If you don’t know an existing team member, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A willingness to promote and support our team goals and core values.
- A commitment to volunteer for our selected beneficiaries.
- A willingness to support our Member Commitment.
- A willingness to improve your athletic performance while being social, and just plain having fun.
Important New Member Enrollment Dates
|March 14, 2017
||2017 Mid-Year membership application is available.
|March 15, 2017
||Start of application submission and enrollment period.
|March 31, 2017
||End of application submission and enrollment period. Applications must be submitted , with payment, no later than this date.
|April 10, 2017
||Applications reviewed and mid-year members announced.
Go directly to 2017 Mid-Year Enrollment Application
If you have any questions, please contact the Membership Committee HERE
Thank you for your interest in dmc.
A dmc member is required to:
- Participate in 1 or more athletic events in their chosen sport: bike, run, and swim. Those who have sustained injuries are exempt; however race support attendance is appreciated!
- Volunteer for one or more beneficiary events selected.
- Purchase and wear the current year team logo wear when participating in and volunteering for events.
- Attend 4 out of 6 team OR board meetings
- Team meetings occur on the second Monday of every odd-numbered month
- Board meetings occur the first Tuesday of every month
A dmc member is expected to:
- Support the team by being a committee lead or member.
- Attend a New Member bike clinic, for safety purposes, if planning on road riding with the team.
- Support our sponsors by wearing the current year logo wear and using their products and services.
- Support Wicked Events by actively promoting and participating in a yearly event.
*Mid-year applicants are only expected to attend two meetings (team or board), attend new member bike clinic, volunteer to support Wicked Event, participate in one local athletic event with other dmc members, purchase and wear current team logo wear.
As a dmc member, you are eligible to receive exclusive sponsor benefits including:
- deep discount on nutritional/sports supplements
- significant discount on equipment
- discounts at bike shops
- race/event discounts
- free or low cost multisport clinics
- free organized track workouts
- free multisport talks
- free health and nutrition talks
- free injury prevention talks
- chiropractic office discounts
- health and wellness discounts (massage and spa services)
- free multisport goodies ranging from gel packs to kit/apparel give backs
- discounted shopping days at a local sport store
- discounted fitness membership
- discounted Functional Threshold Power testing (FTP)
In addition – you will have access to:
- Like-minded team members who you can train, race, and participate in events with
- A network of knowledgable seasoned athletes to share and get training advice
- Group connection for race / season planning
- Bi-monthly team social events
- Annual team holiday party
- Some really great new friends!